If you have one meter that you would like to get set, call 703-750-1000.
If you have a larger project with multiple meters that need to get set, fill out and email the Meter Set Process Form (pdf version) to the Contractor Services Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-624-6475.
Please be advised it may take up to seven days to set the meter. Prior to meter set, please make sure the following items are completed; incomplete items could cause a delay and/or the appointment to be rescheduled.
Prior to setting the meter:
- The interior gas piping (house line) must pass a county/city inspection. The Washington Gas meter installer will need to see an inspection tag from the county/city inspector.
- All interior gas lines must be valved and capped (at the point nearest to the appliance.
- The house line must be connected to the meter bar.
- 2psi house lines must have maxitrol regulators installed with outlets plugged or capped off.
- Permanent address and/or lot number must be clearly marked. You can mark with a tag hanging on the meter bar or write the address on the bar and / or electric panel box with a marker.
- Building must be unlocked and provide safe access and / or POC on site.