Energy Benchmarking is the process of tracking a building's annual energy consumption through the use of a standard metric allowing building ownership or management to compare a building's energy performance against historical performance and peers.
For property owners (Requestors) or authorized parties within the Washington Gas (WG) service territory (District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia), Energy Benchmarking reporting could be required.
To support requests with these requirements, Washington Gas is providing an Energy Benchmarking portal that will electronically access and extract usage data and sync the data to U.S. EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager (ESPM).
Requests apply to historical gas consumption data of a building that has multiple, separately metered tenant accounts; and where the building owner is unable to obtain consumption data from all individual tenants (Washington Gas customers). Washington Gas will provide aggregated consumption data to the Requestor under the following terms:
- A building must have five (5) or more individually metered gas accounts.
- The Requestor must provide a list of gas meter servicing the building. A meter number for each gas meter is acceptable if individual Washington Gas customer account numbers are not available.
- The Requestor is responsible for the identification of all gas meters serving the building. Consumption data will be provided by Washington Gas without information that would identify individual Washington Gas customer. The street address of the building is not acceptable.
- Washington Gas will provide aggregate consumption data (Sum of Therms) of all the gas meters listed on the form, for the service period specified or limited up to two (2) calendar years of historical data.
- Visit the Washington Gas Energy Benchmarking portal to set up your account.
- Register with ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager (ESPM) and share your account with Washington Gas.
- Aggregate energy consumption data will be immediately available for you to view and will automatically be sent to ESPM at a minimum every 45 days.
For additional questions, please contact Customer Support at: email@example.com