Washington Gas supports the newly implemented Benchmarking initiatives in our service territory by providing aggregate energy use data to authorized Requestors.
Building owners (Requestor) or authorized parties must submit an approved Washington Gas Request for Aggregate Building Gas Consumption Data Form to facilitate requests for the historical gas consumption data of a building that has multiple, separately metered tenant accounts; and where the building owner is unable to obtain consumption data from all individual tenants (Washington Gas customers). Washington Gas must protect the confidentiality of customer information; therefore, it will provide aggregate consumption data to the Requestor under the following terms:
- A building must have five (5) or more individually metered gas accounts.
- The Requestor must provide a list of gas meter servicing the building. A Meter Number for each gas meter is acceptable if individual Washington Gas customer account numbers are not available. The Requestor is responsible for the identification of all gas meters serving the building. Consumption data will be provided by Washington Gas without information that would identify individual Washington Gas customer. The street address of the building is not acceptable, as it may not identify all gas accounts in the building.
- Washington Gas will provide aggregate consumption data (SumOfTherms) of all the gas meters listed on the form, for the service period specified by the Requestor (up to three (3) calendar years of historical data).
- Washington Gas will endeavor to respond to this request within ten (10) business days; however, response time may vary depending on the volume of data requests and available resources. The data file will be in a CSV file format and will be e-mailed to the Requestor as the preferred method of delivery.
- In the District of Columbia (DC), requests for consumption data/cost for properties with four (4) or less individually metered accounts require the consent of each WGL customer. The Utility Account Information Data Release form can be downloaded from DDOE’s Energy Benchmarking page and sent to Customer Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer Support will provide up to twenty-four (24) months of historical data within fifteen (15) business days; however, response time may vary depending on the volume of data requests and available resources.
A completed Washington Gas Request for Aggregate Building Gas Consumption Data Form may be submitted the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
Washington Gas Light Company - Consumer Services
Customer Billing and Revenue Management
6801 Industrial Road
Springfield, VA 22151
- Fax: 703-750-4441
Requests for aggregate consumption data on buildings with four (4) or less individually metered accounts require the written consent of each Washington Gas customer. Washington Gas reserves the right to deny requests for consumption data if it determines that Washington Gas customer privacy would not be protected. Individual signed requests for less than four (4) units will be processed through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.