The latest trends for the sustainable home’s heart
Natural Gas Hot Water Heaters
Storage Water Heaters:
- Storage water heaters are the most common model used in the U.S.
- Natural gas storage water heaters offer a ready reservoir of hot water – from 20 to 80 gallons – and are an economical way to heat water. The units usually consist of a steel tank lined with glass or another anti-corrosive material and require very low maintenance.
- Because installation is relatively simple, they are a good choice for homes converting to a natural gas water heating system offering the homeowner many installation and location choices.
Tankless Water Heaters:
- Natural gas tankless water heaters heat water on demand only as you use it and operate without the need for a storage container, or tank.
- A tankless water heater only works when there is a demand for hot water. The hot water tap operates like an ignition key, triggering the burners as cold water enters the heater.
NATURAL GAS WATER HEATER
Electric WATER HEATER
OIL WATER HEATER
PROPANE WATER HEATER
It is important to have your gas appliance installed, inspected and serviced by a licensed professional.
We recommend that you hire a knowledgeable, experienced, licensed trade professional to install your natural gas appliances. Also, remember to inquire about financing options and rebate and incentive savings on high-efficiency products.
To find a contractor, please enter your zip code below and select an appliance.
Find a Contractor
Check all requirements for your rebate. Your rebate form will list exactly what you need to purchase and have installed to be eligible for a rebate.
Be sure to check for the exact equipment, make, model and serial number before you make your purchase.
Gas equipment must be purchased and installed by a licensed contractor.
Rebate programs have a specific time period for when you can purchase and submit your rebate application form and proof of purchase.
Virginia application deadline: April 30, 2019
Maryland application deadline: The application deadline for submitting 2017 rebate applications has passed.
However, Washington Gas has been approved for new energy efficiency rebate programs in 2018 that will offer additional incentives on eligible appliances and equipment and even more savings for our residential and commercial customers. We recommend our Maryland customers postpone submitting applications for equipment purchased or installed in 2018 until details of our new programs are available on our website. Thank you!
Offer valid while funds last.
Complete the information requested on your rebate form.
Don't leave anything blank; all information requested is required to verify your purchase. Print clearly, preferably with black or blue ink, and be sure to sign the application form.
Mail your completed rebate forms and required information to the address provided.
Rebates are processed within six to eight weeks of receipt of a complete rebate application form along with all materials necessary to qualify. If it has been 12 weeks since you mailed your submission and you have not yet received your rebate, please call 877-240-9183.
Note: Rebate applications may be randomly selected for procedure audit. Such audits may extend the payment time referenced above by three to six weeks.
Government agencies are striving to achieve the highest standards for green affordable housing.
Small life changes you can make to be more sustainable
The Junior Achievement champions young people with work readiness programs