September 12, 2021
Dear Valued Customer:
We are writing to apologize. Too many of you haven’t been able to reach us. We know it, and we are committed to making it better. We are actively working to resolve our customer service issues and anticipate that you will see significant improvements over the next month.
We are transforming our Customer Experience. As a part of this effort, we are:
- Continuing to increase customer service staffing levels to significantly shorten customer wait times;
- Implementing a virtual hold feature so that we can call you back, eliminating long wait times for a representative;
- Increasing the number of representatives who can assist you via Facebook and Twitter;
- Developing additional ways for you to contact us, such as online chat.
These are only the initial steps of our transformation journey. We are committed to providing you with exceptional service.
Please check our website at www.washingtongas.com periodically for updates and the latest developments. You can also manage your account on our website and take care of most of the routine business you may need to call us for. We want to make it easy for you to do business with us. For example, most start and stop service requests can be handled online. Here are a few tips to ensure your success in using this service:
- As a general practice, please contact us at least 3 days in advance to place your order for service.
- Service cannot be started and stopped on the same day. There must be a one-day separation between the services.
- If we have to physically turn your gas on, it will typically require you speak with one of our representatives.
While we work to strengthen our customer service capabilities, we are suspending residential customer disconnections in Maryland and Virginia through the end of the month. In Washington, D.C., we are not disconnecting customers as part of the District Government’s moratorium on utility disconnections.
We know the pandemic has been difficult for many families. That’s why we offer a variety of payment plans and energy assistance programs to support customers. Every day, we work with our customers to help them maintain access to the critical energy services we provide. You can find out more about these services at www.WashingtonGasCares.com.
We know that we have a lot of work to do to improve your customer experience. With our plan in place, we want to assure you that we are up to the challenge. Thank you for your patience during this period. We look forward to delivering on our promise of being your essential energy services partner that is easy to do business with every day.
Michelle Musgrove, Vice President Customer Experience