Washington Gas announces 2021’s top performing contractors for the EmPOWER Contractor Network.
For Washington Gas, a residential conversion involves switching a customer’s home from another fuel source to natural gas. Customers are able to enjoy indoor appliances such as natural gas cooking ranges, fireplaces, furnaces, water heaters and dryers. They can also benefit from outdoor appliances such as grills, patio heaters, outdoor lighting, pool/spa heaters, outdoor fireplaces and generators. Natural gas conversions often result in lower utility bills, high-efficiency appliances and a more comfortable and efficient home.
Natural gas appliances offer greater convenience and a reliable energy source, and deliver substantial savings on utility costs throughout the year. In addition to reduced operating costs, high-efficiency natural gas appliances are better for the environment.
- Work with a licensed contractor to complete the conversion process.
- Determine gas availability.
- Customer’s contractor contacts Washington Gas with appliance and service information.
- Customer submits the required paperwork.
- Washington Gas determines cost for the underground line and meter.
- Sign and return commitment letter, along with any required contribution.
- Washington Gas applies for all necessary permits and permissions.
- A Washington Gas underground contractor will contact you to schedule gas line and meter installation.
- Customer contacts natural gas equipment installer to complete installation.