Commercial rebates help business owners save on equipment.
Washington Gas honored 2021’s top performing service providers at the annual Commercial Service Provider Award Ceremony on January 27, 2022. Service providers were recognized for their commitment to energy efficiency and notable contributions to Washington Gas’ Maryland Energy Savings Programs.
Congratulations to the recipients of the 2021 Commercial Service Provider Awards:
- Most Applications Submitted to One Program: Greenavise
- Most Applications Submitted to Multiple Programs: Spectrum Energy
- Most Therms Saved (Kitchen Equipment): Greenavise and VEIC
- Most Therms Saved (HVAC): Sustainable Building Partners and Alban Engineering
- Most Therms Saved on an Existing Business Project: Spectrum Energy
- Most Therms Saved on a Custom Project: Siemens
- Most Therms Saved on a New Business Construction Project: Sustainable Building Partners
- Most Therms Saved on a Retrocommissioning Project: Siemens
- Most Qualifying Pre-approval Applications Submitted between 9/1/21 - 12/31/21 for Customers in Opportunity Zones: Greenavise
- Most Qualifying Pre-approval Applications Submitted between 9/1/21 - 12/31/21 for Small Business Customers: Greenavise
Washington Gas participates in the EmPOWER Maryland Program to help businesses reduce energy consumption with rebates on high-efficiency natural gas equipment. The commercial programs are supported by participating service providers and span a variety of industries including industrial facilities, nonprofit organizations, small and large businesses, restaurants, hotels, retail, and medical facilities.
“Washington Gas provided great communication throughout the project process and proved to be a valuable partner. VEIC looks forward to our continued partnership with Washington Gas and is excited for the projects to come,” said Taylor Roth, VEIC.
The hard work of participating service providers helped Washington Gas save more than 267,000 therms with 90 commercial projects completed in 2021. This equates to saving more than 1,400 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions or taking 307 vehicles off the road for a year. Washington Gas provided more than $600,000 in commercial incentives for energy efficient upgrades.
“It is a difficult time for most businesses to operate during the Covid 19 crisis, especially restaurants. The Washington Gas program is beneficial for restaurants that need their fryers replaced at an affordable price,” said Garrett Stackman, Greenavise.
Washington Gas looks forward to partnering with all our registered service providers again in 2022 to help our business customers save energy and money. Learn more about the Washington Gas commercial rebate program here.
About Washington Gas
Washington Gas, a wholly owned subsidiary of AltaGas Ltd, is a regulated natural gas utility that provides safe, reliable and affordable natural gas service to more than 1.2 million customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. The company has been providing energy to residential, commercial, and industrial customers for more than 173 years. Visit us at www.washingtongas.com and follow us on Twitter @washingtongas, LinkedIn and Facebook.