Acceptance of Terms Through Use
Please note that there may be other terms governing other aspects of our customer interactions, including those pertaining to your natural gas service.
You agree that you will not:
- use the Site for any unlawful purpose;
- use the Site to transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images or other materials ("Documentation") that is unlawful, harmful, threatening abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable that may invade another's right of privacy or publicity.
- impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to a Washington Gas employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or an entity.
- post or transmit any Documentation that you do not have the right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements).
- use the Site's communication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of the Site's resources to other users, (e.g. flooding or continuous posting of repetitive text).
- post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation or any non-resume information such as opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise.
- post any inaccurate, false or incomplete information or any information which is not your own.
- respond to any employment opportunity on the Site or use the employment section of the Site for any reason other than to apply for a job.
- delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
- post or transmit any Documentation that contains a virus or corrupted data.
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, to any part or feature thereof, to any other systems or networks connected to the Site, to any of our servers, or to any of the services offered on or through the Site.
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site.
- breach the security or bypass the authentication measures on the Site or any network connected to the Site.
- seek to obtain any information about any other user of or visitor to the Site, including information associated with an account not registered to or managed by you.
As noted above, reproduction, copying or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on this Site is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Washington Gas. Permission is granted only when certain limited criteria are met.
For information on requesting such permission, please send an email to: BKEdwards@washgas.com with the words "Washington Gas Permission Request" in the subject line, and include the following information in the body of the message:
- the Washington Gas content you wish to use;
- where and how such content will be used (e.g., a manual or a presentation);
- where and how copies will be produced and distributed;
- when you intend to publish the content;
- other non-Washington Gas materials that will be associated with the Washington Gas content; and
- your name, title, company, address, email address and telephone number.
In addition, please provide an example or mockup of the intended use, by sending a file attached to your email (in a format readable with a PC).
We will need all of the above in order to evaluate your request. Washington Gas reserves the right to refuse permission to copy distribute, broadcast or publish any of its copyrighted material.
User Comments, Feedback, Postcards and Other Submissions
You agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s). You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to the Site will be or will contain libelous or otherwise unlawful or abusive material.
Although we may from time to time monitor or review emails, discussions, postings, transmissions, and similar user content on the Site, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from any such content nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information provided by users on the Site. We reserve the right, but have no corresponding obligation, to remove any content at our discretion and to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
This Site may link you to other third-party web sites on the internet. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other third-party sites are not under the control of Washington Gas, and you acknowledge that Washington Gas is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency or any other aspect of the content of such third-party sites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply an endorsement of the third-party site by Washington Gas or any association with its operators.
Warranties and Limitation of Liability
While Washington Gas uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site, it makes no representation as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of that information, and you should not rely upon it. All information on the Site is provided “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, SUITABILITY OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE OR ANY PART THEREOF.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We do not warrant that the Site will operate error-free or that the Site and its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful goods.
In no event shall we, our affiliates, suppliers, or any third parties involved in creating, producing or delivering the site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from your access to, use of, reliance on or inability to use the Site, the materials contained in the Site, or the materials contained in third-party websites linked from the Site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory, and whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
WE ALSO ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF A VIRUS, WORM OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, BROWSING THE SITE, OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE SITE.
In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action arising from your use or inability to use the Site (whether in contract, tort, including without limitation negligence, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing the Site.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES. SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY THEREFORE NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT ANY OF THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Applicable Laws and Dispute Resolution
Washington Gas makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents may be illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with the local laws.
Washington Gas and visitors to its Site agree that in the event of any disputes, we will first try to resolve it by speaking with each other. If we are unsuccessful in resolving our disputes in this manner within a reasonable time period, we agree that any claims arising in connection with your use of the Site or any part thereof must be brought within one year of the date of the event giving rise to such a claim.
Upon request by Washington Gas, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Washington Gas and its subsidiaries and other affiliated companies and their employees, contractors, officers and directors from all liabilities, claims and expenses including attorney fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this Site or the information contained in the Site. Washington Gas reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with Washington Gas in asserting any available defenses.
We may require you to register with us or obtain a password to access some features of the Site. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your password and login ID and that you are responsible for all uses of your login ID. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware of unauthorized use of your login ID, password or account. You acknowledge that you may be held liable for any loss or harm incurred by us or others due to someone else using your login ID, password or account as a result of your failure to keep the information secure and confidential.
Severability and Integration