Washington Gas is replacing gas main and service lines in various neighborhoods in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia as part of state-approved accelerated pipe replacement programs.
Learn more about the pipe replacement programs:
- Washington, D.C.: PROJECTpipes
- Maryland: Maryland Strategic Infrastructure Development and Enhancement Plan (STRIDE)
- Virginia: Virginia Steps to Advance Virginia's Energy Plan (SAVE)
- Prince George’s County and District of Columbia Reliability and Reinforcement Project
- Strip 1 Tysons Project
- Strip 1 West Project
- System Improvements at 29th and K -- Project complete.
- Washington Gas Relocation Project: Route 1 – Featherstone to Marys Way
We understand that construction can impact your daily routine and are pleased to provide you with several ways to keep track of outages and pipe replacement projects throughout our service territory.
Our online Project Map provides detailed information about the location of Washington Gas' pipe replacement projects and outages displayed on a Google-integrated map. In addition to the project map, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-750-5100 for more information. If you have questions about projects in Washington, D.C., please call (202) 624-6400 or email Project_Pipes@washgas.com.
For more information about our construction processes, visit our Construction Processes page.