Winter in the D.C. metropolitan area can bring unpredictable weather.
ADD OR REPLACE A GAS APPLIANCE
Newer natural gas appliances may have higher gas volume demands and pressure requirements. It's extremely important to contact us at 703-941-HEAT before purchasing additional appliances and equipment.
If you're already a Washington Gas customer and would like to add, replace or upgrade a natural gas appliance, please follow/have your contractor follow these steps to ensure proper installation:
- Verify the total BTU input rating for existing appliance(s), as well as for the appliances being added and/or replaced.
- Verify gas pressure requirements suggested by the manufacturer for the appliance(s) being added.
- Contact Washington Gas at 703-941-HEAT (4328) to determine if both the service line capacity and gas pressure for the home are adequate.
- Determine if a split meter would be the right application for installation.
- You (or your contractor) complete and submit an Added Load/Split Meter Request Form.
If you have questions during this process, please call 703-941-HEAT.
Once these five steps have been completed, Washington Gas will confirm whether there will be any additional costs for service (if pipe replacement is necessary), and upon approval, Washington Gas will contact you or your contractor to schedule the installation.
Search Residential Rebates
Learn how to spot when your water heater needs replacing or repairs.
Save money and improve the comfort of your home by becoming more efficient with these energy-saving tips from Washington Gas.
Try our newest option for customer service.