Among the many Washington Gas 175th anniversary celebrations, we proudly received a shower of communication awards during 2023. The stellar works of employees across the AltaGas enterprise have already earned over two dozen honors this year and are finalists in multiple upcoming competitions.
From websites and newsletters to cause marketing and public relations campaigns, these prestigious honors include PR News Platinum Awards, Clarion Awards, NYX Marcom Awards, Marcom Awards and Bulldog PR Awards. Esteemed industry juries evaluate excellence and determine winners in each competition from thousands of entries every year.
The Washington Area Fuel Fund (WAFF) flagship nonprofit initiative also received exceptional recognition while celebrating the 40th anniversary of the program. The 2023 WAFF Ice House event helped WAFF secure top honors in fundraising and public outreach campaigns.
"These awards are a glowing testament to the hard work and dedication of our entire company,” said Debbi Jarvis, Vice President of Communication at Washington Gas. “They also remind us of our focus on providing safe, affordable and reliable natural gas services while supporting our many communities.”
We thank these highly respected agencies for honoring our work this year, and we could not be prouder of our hard-working employees for these well-deserved recognitions. The 2023 list of honors (so far) includes:
PR DAILY MEDIA RELATIONS AWARDS (winners announced in December)
- Finalist, Community Relations Campaign: 2023 WAFF Ice House
- Finalist, Cause Marketing Campaign: 2023 WAFF Ice House
PR NEWS PLATINUM AWARDS
- 24-Hour Event: 2023 WAFF Ice House
- Pop-Up Event: 2023 WAFF Ice House
- Strategic Communications, Special Event Campaign: Recycle Days
- Business-to-Consumer Microsite: Washington Gas Energy Efficiency
- Microsite Information: Washington Gas Energy Efficiency Microsite
- Writing, Advertorial Series: “Emerging Energies Explained”
- External Industry Newsletter: Stay Connected
- External Newsletter Creative Design: Stay Connected
- Advertising Flyer: FIFA Watch Party Event
- Advertising Flyer: Babies and Brushes Hygiene Products Drive
- Writing, Advertorial: MLK Day
- Curated Content, Employee Email: Washington Gas Weekly
- Internal Newsletter, The Connector
- Internal Newsletter Design: The Connector
- Industry Blog Post: Connected DMV
- Special Event Campaign: 2023 WAFF Ice House
NYX MARCOM AWARDS
- Speechwriting: Washington Gas 175th “Party With a Purpose”
- Strategic PR Campaign: 2023 WAFF Ice House
- Strategic Event Campaign: 2023 WAFF Ice House
- Strategic Special Event Campaign: 2023 WAFF Ice House
- Best Fund Development Campaign, WAFF
BULLDOG PR AWARDS
- Best 2023 Community Relations Campaign, WAFF
More About Washington Gas
Washington Gas provides natural gas service to more than 1.2 million customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. As a cornerstone of the D.C. metro area since 1848, we are proud to serve our many communities as we provide safe, affordable and reliable service today while leading the way toward the emerging energies of the future. The WGL family of companies—Washington Gas, WGL Energy, and Hampshire Gas—are indirect, wholly-owned subsidiaries of AltaGas Ltd.
More About the Washington Area Fuel Fund (WAFF)
The Washington Area Fuel Fund (WAFF) is the flagship nonprofit initiative at Washington Gas. Established in 1983, the program assists households struggling to afford their heating bills during winter. Assistance is available regardless of the heating method used in each home. Because Washington Gas covers all administrative costs, 100% of donations go directly to support WAFF programs.