Natural Gas Facts
Discover the efficiency, comfort and convenience of natural gas.
From the kitchen to the laundry room, and all throughout your home, nothing adds efficiency, comfort and convenience like natural gas products. It's energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly and dependable.
Homes using natural gas pay $653 less on average per year than homes using electricity for the same applications.*
In addition to costing less to operate, high-efficiency natural gas appliances are better for the environment.
Learn more about natural gas:
- Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel, producing primarily carbon dioxide, water vapor and small amounts of nitrogen oxides.*
- Compared to older models with efficiency ratings of 60 to 65 percent, new natural gas heating systems can save up to 40 percent on utility bills.*
- Natural gas is the cleanest fossil fuel on the market today because it produces much lower emissions than other fossil fuels like coal or oil. It is also extraordinarily efficient.*
- Natural gas dries laundry faster at about one-third the cost of electric models.**
- Natural gas supplies nearly one-fourth of all of the energy used in the U.S.*
- Natural gas emits 52 to 56 percent less greenhouse gas emissions than coal for the same amount of electricity.*
- Preferred by the best chefs, natural gas cooks meals for about one-half the price.**
- A natural gas range cooks almost twice as many meals as an electric model, for the same cost.**
Sources: *American Gas Association, **Department of Energy