If you're already a Washington Gas customer and would like to add, replace or upgrade a natural gas appliance, please follow/have your contractor follow these steps to ensure proper installation:
- Verify the total BTU input rating for existing appliance(s), as well as for the appliances being added and/or replaced.
- Verify gas pressure requirements suggested by the manufacturer for the appliance(s) being added and/or replaced.
- Determine if a split meter would be the right application for installation.
- Complete and submit the Added Load/Split Meter Request Form.
Once these four steps have been completed, Washington Gas will confirm one of the following scenarios:
- The meter build-up and service line are sufficient. You can add or replace the appliances submitted with the existing Washington Gas setup in place.
- The meter build-up needs to be modified but the service line capacity and location is adequate. The Washington Gas above ground contractor will schedule the modification of the meter build-up.
- The service line size does not have sufficient capacity for the added load. A project # called a BCA / Business Case Authorization # will be created for the service upgrade and the job will be assigned to a Sales Representative.
- The service line is adequate in capacity, but the customer has requested to relocate the service line or meter build-up. The relocation estimate will be completed at a charge, which can be used toward the total relocation cost. Once the relocation estimate is paid and relocation is completed, any meter build-up modification will be done soon after by the Washington Gas above ground contractor.
For each of the scenarios above other than #1, Washington Gas may require a contribution to perform the work, which will be disclosed before any work is performed.